Spurs News

‘Forget how young Dele is’ – Tottenham duo told they are ‘under serious threat’ of being sold by Conte

0

Paul Robinson has told SSN (Tuesday, 10.50AM) that Tottenham duo Tanguy Ndombele and Dele Alli are under ‘threat’ of being sold by Antonio Conte, writes the TBR.

Conte is starting to realise just how difficult getting a tune out of his Tottenham players is. Last week, Spurs suffered a 2-1 loss to NS Mura.

A dismal loss that saw Conte share some home truths in his post-match press conference. Dele and Ndombele both started the match in Mura.

Both players were hooked only eight minutes into the second half. Ahead of the January window, both players are expected to be linked with clubs.

Ex-Tottenham goalkeeper Robinson thinks that with just a month between now and the winter window – Dele and Ndombele could be sold by Spurs.

“There are a couple really under scrutiny. We forget how young Dele is, but he needs to get away – he needs a new challenge, a new start.

“Dele Alli, along with Ndombele, are under serious threat. If you don’t buy in to what he wants to do, he [Conte] will move you on,” Robinson said.

Dele more so. The England international needs to join a club where he will be a regular part of a side – but also where he is played in the 10 role.

The ex-MK Dons ace is best as a 10 or a secondary striker. Under Conte, he will not get that chance – with the Italian playing a 3-4-2 system.

Ndombele still has a chance of resurrecting his Spurs spell, and that is because the France international is capable of playing deeper in midfield.

But he is running out of time. Dele needs to be sold and in January if he can secure a move – and unless Ndombele improves, next summer he could go.

You may also like